Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who is Fred?


I feel like I fell off the edge of the planet. Sometimes things in life get so beyond your control that the only thing left to do is jump off and hope the landing isn’t too hard. Things are still beyond my control and into the hands of God, but I must pull myself back onto the planet and keep moving forward. SO today I want to tell you about a way to help a good cause and take home a piece of art.

Who is Fred?

The best advice about creating art I ever received is that it should have some sort of story to go with it. A lovely work is great, but a work that moves someone by creating an emotion is something to behold. The way I try to accomplish this is by creating identities for my work. For You Can Tell a Man by His Clothes, I created an identity of a man named Fred.
What marks a person the most is the people he encounters along the way. The faces along Fred's collar are those that had the greatest affect on him, holding the lock and the key to his life. His hero was his father who is seen held by the angel. You can see Fred on the back of the jacket. His shoulders were armored, but he wore his heart on his sleeve. Gambling and the pursuit of money were his downfalls, causing him to lose the love of his only child. There are many more hidden messages about who Fred was, but who I hope Fred will become is a way to help children.

There is a great place in Arizona that takes in children who can no longer stay with their parents. I know many of these kids and can see, with opportunity, they can become wonderful adults. Please help this wonderful home by purchasing some raffle tickets.

WIN THE MAR/APR COVER ARTWORK
Win the artwork featured on the cover of the March/April 2008 issue!
Raffle tickets are seven for $5.00. The drawing will be held in January, 2009.
Mail order only.
To purchase tickets, send $5.41 (includes postage) for seven tickets to:
Altered Arts Magazine Raffle Tickets PO Box 609253 Cleveland, OH 44109
Add 41cents postage for EACH five tickets purchased.
We will accept checks or money orders only so that we can avoid credit card processing fees and thereby provide more money to the charity.
Proceeds will be donated to:
Sunshine Acres Children’s Home.
Raffle open to US residents only.
Void where prohibited

1 comment:

Lyneen said...

this is an amazing work of art.... I would love to own it. Love the story behind it!